Come along with Eric O. at the shop as he looks at this poor running 1992 Ford F-150 5.0 4×4 and checks it with the Wireless Diagnostic Scanner. The customer has a complaint of harsh shifting, poor idle performance, no fast idle and sudden engine “flare ups.” Having dealt with these older Ford’s in the past it does not take long to track down a faulty MAP sensor and get it repaired. So what is an automotive scan tool (scanner)? It is an electronic tool used to interface with, diagnose and, sometimes, reprogram vehicle control modules.
There are many types from just as many manufacturers, one of the most familiar being the Snap-On “brick”, or MT2500/MTG2500. Snap-On, OTC/SPX, Autel, Launch, Vetronix/Bosch and a number of other companies that produce various types of vehicle scanners, from simple code readers to highly capable bi-directional computers with programming characteristics. The scan scanner is connected to the vehicle’s data connector (DLC) and, depending on the particular Scanner, may only read out diagnostic trouble codes or DTC’s (this would be considered a “code reader”) or may have more capabilities. Actual scan tools will display live streams of data in wave format (inputs and outputs), have bi-directional controls (the ability to make the controllers do things outside of normal operations) and may even be able to calibrate/program modules within certain parameters. However, a typical scan tool does not have the ability to fully reprogram modules because it requires a pass-through device and specific software.
Wireless Diagnostic Scanner
- Advanced version of DS708, based on Android operating system, DS808 is equipped with a fast quad-core processor and a 7-inch LCD touchscreen (1024X600 quality), and offers maximum convenience and efficiency for your diagnosis.
- DS808 is built for the price-conscious technician and is the ideal solution to manager your cost-effective repairs. Low Investment, High Performance.
- Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 80 U.S., Asian and European vehicle makes; Exceptional OE-Level system coverage for all electronic systems.
- Instant remote control tech support, Cloud-based MaxiFix online community, interactive Data Logging sessions provides first-had troubleshooting of diagnostic and repairs; Automatic updates with real-time push message notifications via Wi-Fi.
- Smart AutoVIN technology for identifying vehicles easily; Complete capabilities for codes, live data, active test, ECU information, adaptation, matching, etc.
Other Vehicle Scanners available at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2tK3UBj
Wireless Diagnostic Scanner
Auto diagnostic-tool ELM327 v1.5 obd2 bluetooth DIY car detector mini Code
Original Autel Autolink AL100 DIY Bluetooth OBDII/EOBD Scanner for iPhone/iPad/iPad
Original Launch DIY Code Reader CReader 7001 Full OBD2 Scanner/Scan Tool
Autel Autolink AL100 DIY Bluetooth OBDII/EOBD Scanner for iPhone/iPad/iPad
Autolink AL100 DIY Bluetooth OBDII/EOBD Scanner for iPhone/iPad/iPad
For more product reviews visit: https://milliondollarpro.biz/category/product-reviews/